Covid-19: Maha death toll rises to 5, 125 infected

5

Mumbai, March 26 | Two more COVID-19 patients – both 65-year-old women – died, and 125 total positive cases were recorded in Maharashtra on Thursday, officials said.

The latest victim is a Mumbaikar who was admitted to Kasturba Hospital on Monday and tested positive, besides having diabetes and hypertension problems. She died late on Thursday evening, said d official.

The other patient was a Mumbaikar living in Govandi, who was also suffering severe diabetes and high blood pressure.

She had been admitted to Tandon Hospital and DY Patil Hospital in Navi Mumbai for treatment last week.

However, since her condition didn’t improve, she was rushed in critical condition to a government hospital in Vashi, Navi Mumbai, on Tuesday (March 24) where she breathed her last the same night.

To the shock of the health authorities, the cause of her death turned out to be Covid-19, and now efforts are being made to trace the history of her infection, whether due to foreign travel or through contacts.

Earlier on Thursday, the test reports of two persons admitted were found positive followed by one more case detected as positive.

The new cases include one each from Mumbai, Sindhudurg and Nagpur, and their treatment is currently underway.

Two of the three new infected persons – in Sindhudurg and in Nagpur – have caused serious concerns for the health authorities as the first had apparently travelled by train, while the second had recently travelled to New Delhi.

Mumbai has so far recorded six deaths of Covid-19 patients. Apart from the two women, there were two men both aged 63, a 65-year old and also a positive-turned-negative 68-year old man from the Philippines.

However, the government has officially knocked off the Filipino national from the Covid-19 list as he died due to other problems after being cured of coronavirus, as per officials.

Source: IANS

Sponsors Posts

Covid-19 Lockdown : Greenwood High International School comes forward to help the needy

Covid-19 Lockdown : Greenwood High International School comes forward to help the needy

Bangalore, April 02, 2020 : The nationwide lockdown to combat Coronavirus outbreak in the country has led to severe difficulties for the poor and homeless people. In an effort to help the needy, Greenwood High International School, has come forward to do their bit to the cause. The school have undertaken the initiative to prepare food for 300 underprivileged families every day and distribute  in and around Sarjapur area with the help of Sarjapur police station. This would be a continuous support from the school authority towards the needy people until the lockdown ends. While distributing the food, the school authority also followed the social distancing norms and ensured that necessary precautionary measures like masks and gloves were used in the entire process to provide clean and hygienic food to the people.

Speaking on this initiative, Ms. Niru Agarwal, Trustee, Greenwood High said: “As much as we believe in inculcating the values of benevolence and philanthropy among our students, we practise these ourselves too. Greenwood High has always been compassionate to help those in need and we continue to do so. We are mindful of contributing to the society in multiple ways and are proud to leverage our sources towards such an important cause. Several NGOs, individuals and businesses are pitching in to help the citizens and government through various initiatives with the hope that humanity would survive these dreadful times of coronavirus onslaught. We believe that only by active collaboration between all the members of the society, we will be able to overcome the impact of this pandemic.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here